Hurley House Hotel is a multi-award-winning venue, set in a countryside location near Henley-on-Thames, Marlow, and beautiful surrounding villages. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and it’s the detail that makes us exceptional.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Sous-chef on a full-time, permanent basis. If you are energetic, have a positive personality and are passionate about food, we would love you to join our like-minded team.
We are offering a competitive salary of £35,000/annum for a 5 days/week shift system including weekends and bank holidays.
- A competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Complimentary meals on duty
- 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on food and beverage when dining
- Full company induction, training, and career progression
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- BUPA Healthcare cash plan
Duties and Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
- Ensure all food preparation is to the specification outlined by the Head Chef and/or the Lead Chef on the shift
- Generate menu ideas for discussion with the Head Chef within the dish development system
- Ensure temperature, seasoning and flavours are to specifications
- Take reasonable care to reduce food wastage
- Deputise for the Head Chef in his/her absence
- Contribute, as requested by the Head Chef, to rota planning and training
- Comply with all Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Allergen and COSHH requirements for the kitchen
- Complete HACCP recording in line with requests from the lead Chef on the shift and/or the Head Chef
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.