Hurley House Hotel is a multi-award-winng venue, set in a countryside location near Henley-on-Thames, Marlow, and beautiful surrounding villages. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and it’s the detail that makes us exceptional.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Sous Chef on a full time, permanent basis. If you are energetic, have a positive personality and are passionate about food, we would love you to join our like-minded team.
We are offering a competitive salary of £32,000/annum for a 5 days/week shift system including weekends and bank holidays.
- A competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Complimentary meals on duty
- 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on food and beverage when dining
- Full company induction, training, and career progression
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- BUPA Healthcare cash plan
Duties and Key Responsibilities of the Sous Chef:
- Ensure all food preparation is to the specification outlined by the Head Chef and/or the Lead Chef on the shift
- Generate menu ideas for discussion with the Head Chef within the dish development system
- Ensure temperature, seasoning and flavours are to specifications
- Take reasonable care to reduce food wastage
- Deputise for the Head Chef in his/her absence
- Contribute, as requested by the Head Chef, to rota planning and training
- Comply with all Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Allergen and COSHH requirements for the kitchen
- Complete HACCP recording in line with requests from the lead Chef on the shift and/or the Head Chef
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.