We, Hurley House Limited, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read it carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Please contact us if you wish to speak to us about anything contained in this policy or you wish to find out more about our data protection policy generally.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- The information may include your name and address, your email address, payment details and other personal details;
- Information we ask you for, when you make your reservation over the telephone;
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site hurleyhouse.co.uk. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our mailing list, making a reservation in our restaurant or hotel, applying for a position with us, as well as requesting further contact. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our products or services;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- During your visit or stay, we record your itemised spending to properly assemble your bill. This may include your room rate and other expenses billed to your room, as well as other consumption you may have made in our restaurant and/or bar. We also record this information to comply with financial reporting requirements, including those imposed by auditors and government regulators;
- We may also collect certain information as required by local laws (e.g. passport or ID number);
- Certain information regarding your service preferences may be also stored centrally by us;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
Information we may collect about your computer or device
We may collect information about your computer or device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you personally. It may also be passed in aggregated statistical format to the third-party service provider who facilitates visitor access to our site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
How do we use the information
We use information held about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, you can simply send us a request asking to be removed from our database.
When do we disclose your information
We may disclose your personal information to our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We never disclose or pass on your personal information to third-parties, except in the following circumstances:
- If Hurley House Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
We will contact you by email in order to provide you with marketing information about our offers and promotions which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. At the bottom of any marketing emails you will have a clearly marked unsubscribe option from future mailings.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with any laws or regulations applicable at the time.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Hurley House Hotel Limited, Henley Road, Hurley, Berkshire SL6 5LH. You can also, at any time, unsubscribe from our mailing list via the link provided on each communication mailer
We will aim to remove your data from our systems as soon as possible after you ask us to do so. We may not be able to remove your data where it is embedded in our IT systems or we are required to retain it for legal or regulatory purposes. Where we do retain it in these circumstances it will be subject to restricted access rights.
You have the right to withdraw, at any time, any consent you may have given us to use your data. On withdrawal of your consent we will not be able to provide our services to you and we shall have no liability for our failure to be able to do so as a result. We may still be obliged by law to retain and use your information.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of select partners or service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We also use functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
You can find more information about cookies and their use on the following website: https://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
SOCIAL MEDIA TERMS & CONDITIONS
Hurley House Limited enjoys interacting with you on public social media platforms via its hotel accounts.
If you respond to our brand’s questions and/or posts or otherwise post content on or via our official presence via these platforms, we may use or republish your posted text, photo, video or other materials (collectively ‘Content’) as outlined below.
Our official brand and hotel presence on social media platforms includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube. By posting or otherwise making available any content responding to or communicating with us on or via our official brand presence on social media platforms/sites and branded hashtags (including and without limitation Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and YouTube), you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older and that you agree to the following terms and conditions:
You irrevocably grant Hurley House Limited, its affiliates, licensees and assign a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, unrestricted right and global license to copy, reproduce, modify, edit, adapt, translate, create derivative works of, publish, post, distribute, publicly perform, sublicense, or otherwise provide to others, your Content in any and all media, formats and channels (now in existence or hereinafter developed) for any purpose, including advertising and commercial purposes.
Because we appreciate that you want to be recognised by us and our hotel with what is commonly referred to as a “shout-out,” we will try to credit you as the author/source of the Content by referring to your social media platform handle or identifier. (By posting, you agree that we may identify you as the author/source of the Content.)
We might use any really good ideas, suggestions, developments, and/or other material offered to us via your posted Content without any attribution or compensation to you. By sending us Content as yourself, you represent and warrant that the Content does not violate or infringe any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to, copyright, trademark, rights of publicity and privacy.
You warrant and represent that all testimonials, endorsements and/or advertisements contained in your posted Content are truthful, accurate and represent your opinion and personal experience.
If any third-party content is included in your posted Content you must obtain permission from the content owner and attribute/credit such content to the owner.
We ask that you abide by the following simple rules that will prevent us from deleting and otherwise blocking you:
- Please don’t post any Content that is disruptive, abusive, vulgar, profane, obscene, hateful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or which discloses personally identifiable information or private or personal matters concerning any person;
- Don’t post any Content that you don’t have the right to post/transmit (and grant us the rights above) under applicable law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- Be respectful to others when making any statement on social media and never post anything that might be offensive to others, such as sexual comments or racial slurs, talk of religion or politics.
You agree to hold Hurley House Limited and our parent company (sometimes referred to herein as “us” or “our”) harmless and defend and indemnify us from any claim, disputes, demands, proceedings, cause of action, judgments, damages, liabilities, losses, costs or expense of any kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed which may arise out of or are in any way connected with your posted Content and/or your use of our official presence on social media platforms.
To the extent permitted by law, we and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude (i) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; (ii) any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- Loss of income or revenue;
- Loss of business;
- Loss of profits or contracts;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of data;
- Loss of goodwill;
- Wasted management or office time.
For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.