Entertainment and Music Manager
Hurley House – a multi-award-winning boutique hotel, is set in a countryside location, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Henley-on-Thames, Marlow and Maidenhead. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and it’s the detail that makes us exceptional.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Entertainment and Music Manager. We are offering a competitive salary, negotiable based upon experience, for 48 hours/5 days a week shift system including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- In charge of the background ambiance music throughout the venue, during business hours
- Creating professional playlists to cover varied moods & styles, suitable for various periods of the day/evening. Playlists should be updated on regular basis and in sufficient quantities to minimise repetition
- Scheduling and coordinating resident live musicians. Researching additional/alternative live musicians, especially during summer months, when the terraces are open
- Researching various entertainers for special events, such as Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Mothers’ Day and others
- Researching and creating lists of potential entertainers for in-house and guest events, such as Christmas/NYE parties, weddings, birthday parties and the like. This includes contacting agents, negotiating competitive fees and contracts
- Being the point of contact for private and corporate guests holding events at the venue, including event planners
- Taking charge of sound and lighting during events, in coordination with event planners, technicians and performers
- Coordinating Marketing and publicity with the Marketing team
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as completing booking paperwork and drawing up contracts, as well as risk assessments, insurance and all such related matters
- A competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Complimentary meals on duty
- 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on food and beverage when dining
- Full company induction, training, and career progression
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- BUPA Healthcare Cash plan
- Have a good relevant experience as Entertainment Manager/Music Curator, preferably within the hospitality industry
- Have in-depth technical knowledge of sound, lighting and AV control equipment, as well as of streaming music providers and SONOS systems
- Be a confident, positive and outgoing person with outstanding communication & people skills
- Be flexible and able to respond quickly to changing situations
- Have administrative, marketing and negotiation skills
- Be a good organiser, hard-working and energetic
- Have a good knowledge and understanding of health and safety requirements
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you!