Multi-Award-Winning Hurley House Hotel, situated in the heart of Berkshire, is looking for an experienced Sommelier to complement our restaurant service and deliver an outstanding guest experience.
Our ideal candidate will be a natural salesperson, a true people person, with exceptional wine knowledge and customer service skills.
You will be well-connected in the Hospitality & Wine industry, you will have real pride and passion for what you do, with the ability to build rapport and personalised interactions with customers. Overall you will be a charismatic person, with endless enthusiasm, great attention to details and a can-do attitude.
Working closely with our management team you will maintain our impeccable reputation and drive wine sales.
- A competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Discretionary quarterly bonus based on profitability
- Up to £2,000 relocation allowance (to be agreed)
- Complimentary meals on duty
- 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on food and beverage when dining
- Full company induction, training, and career progression
- Regular food and drinks masterclasses
- Generous ‘recommend a friend’ scheme
- BUPA Health Care Cash Plan
- Provide incomparable wine service to our diners
- Maintain and develop our wine list
- Oversee all wine purchases, cost and stock management
- Maintain relationships with suppliers
- Conduct regular wine trainings for the Restaurant and Bar team
- Comply with all Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, Allergen and COSHH requirements for the restaurant/bar
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a semi-rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.