Breakfast Chef / Kitchen Administrator
Hurley House Hotel is set in a countryside location near Henley-on-Thames, Marlow, and beautiful surrounding villages. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and it’s the detail that makes us exceptional.
This is a new multi-tasking kitchen admin role suitable for an experienced chef who is looking to transition to an admin role, working daytime hours
48 hours, 5.5 days a week, mainly Monday to Saturday starting 6:30am
Basic salary £40K plus quarterly bonus and usual benefits
It is expected that the job holder prepares cooked breakfast orders, as and when required – currently averaging less than 5 a day
It is essential that the applicant has a comprehensive experience in the workings of the kitchen, have accuracy and great attention to detail, accuracy, and be very systems savvy.
- Receiving food deliveries in the morning
- Checking items received vs items ordered
- Accepting food deliveries on STO (online stock control system)
- Informing Accounts of any discrepancies
- Following-up suppliers for missing items and requesting credit notes
STO (online stock control system):
- Working with the Executive Chef and Head Chef to add/update recipes
- Recording weekly wastages
- Processing weekly batches and wastages
- Running weekly food stocktakes, investigating discrepancies and adjusting/annotating accordingly
- Conducting yield calculations and adjusting STO accordingly
- Ensuring all recipes are allocated the correct PLU to match TISSL (Point of Sale [till] system)
FoodAlert (online Health & Safety and Food Hygiene compliance system):
- Updating FoodAlert with temperature readings on daily basis
- Ensuring all Health & Safety tasks are completed in a timely manner and updating FoodAlert accordingly
- Ensuring all Food Handling training and tasks are completed in a timely manner and updating FoodAlert accordingly
- Ensuring all suppliers’ certificates are up-to-date and follow-up as and when necessary
- Running periodic inspections of kitchen, stores, equipment, etc. to ensure compliance at all times
TISSL (Point of Sale [till] system)
- Ensuring all menu items are correctly added to TISSL, including buttons, modifiers, etc.
- Ensuring full synchronisation between TISSL and STO via the PLUs
- Creating new / updating buttons, as and when necessary
- Coordinate with TISSL support, as and when required
- Coordinate TISSL with Preoday (Takeaway), as and when required
If you are looking to be part of a dedicated, professional team and would like to develop your skills further, then please apply today.
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you.