Bookkeeper and Office Administrator
Hurley House – a multi-award-winning boutique hotel, is set in a countryside location, less than 10 minutes’ drive from Henley-on-Thames, Marlow and Maidenhead. We pride ourselves on creating unforgettable experiences for our guests and it’s the detail that makes us exceptional.
We are looking to recruit a full-time Bookkeeper and Office Administrator. The ideal candidate will be a thorough, punctual and proactive person with experience in accounts bookkeeping and general office administration.
We are offering a salary up to £25,000 per annum for 48 hours/5 days a week, may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Daily recording and reconciliation of invoices, purchase orders and delivery notes, in coordination with off-site accountants
- Daily reconciliation of sales figures from hotel/events software (Avondata), ePOS (TISSL) and direct sales
- Coordinate internal approval of purchase orders and invoices
- Manage petty cash disbursements and replenishment
- Manage periodical banking transactions and reconcile bank statements
- Manage online payments
- In coordination with Operations & Financial Controller, oversee stocktakes and restocking of wine and bar supplies
- Manage office functions and business supplies
- Generate financials reports, as requested by Management from time to time
- Analyse financial reports generated by off-site accountants and report to Management
- In coordination with Operations & Financial Controller, analyse purchases and expenditure. Report accordingly and recommend savings and improvements
- A competitive salary paid fortnightly
- Complimentary meals on duty
- 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on food and beverage when dining
- Full company induction, training, and career progression
- Generous recommend a friend scheme
- BUPA Healthcare Cash plan
- You will have at least 1 year of relevant experience within the hospitality industry
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping principles and accounting methodologies
- Time management and organisation skills
- You will be proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- You will be extremely accurate and methodical
- Confidentiality & attention to detail are key aspects of the role
Please be aware that the hotel is located in a rural location; having your own transportation arrangement is essential.
We look forward to hearing from you!